When you Stay with us at Finlay Banks you will enjoy our central location from where you can experience the best of our city and surrounding countryside.
Locally for your convienence we have quality restaurants, theatres, shopping, banks, the renowned Christchurch golf club and public transport all within a 5 minute walk from our door.
We are only 4km’s from central city attractions such as the Avon River, botanical gardens, art galleries, museums, theatres, restaurants, Christchurch information centre and all tour operators.
Stay a few days with us to enjoy the wonderful diversity of our city or day trips to areas such as,
- Akaroa – A picturesque French themed harbour village
- Kaikoura - An outstanding coastal location home of the whales, seals, dolphins, marine birds and other aquatic life.
- Hanmer Springs – A delightful alpine thermal wonderland to be enjoyed all year round.
- Canterbury wine region – extensive options available throughout the region
- Ski fields – Mount Hutt, Porter Heights, Craigieburn, Temple Basin to name a few.
- Pristine lakes and rivers – You’ll be spoilt for choice for fishing, boating or tramping.
Finlay Banks is very easy to find. Please refer to the following instructions and map for directions on how to find us. Parking is available in front of the garage or in the seperate parking bay.
- From State Highway 74, Christchurch ring route, travel south on Marshland Rd to 'The Palms' shopping centre intersection, Marshland Rd, Shirley Rd, New Brighton Rd & North Parade. Proceed straight across onto North Parade. Banks Ave is the first on the left. No 7 is the second drive on the left from the corner.
- If travelling from the city, travel east on Bealey Ave, left into Whitmore Street, right into North Avon Road and left into North Parade. Banks Avenue is the last street on the right before the Palms Mall. No 7 is the second drive on the left from the corner.